Sunday, May 9, 2010

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree.....



My mother had a great deal of trouble with me,
but I think she enjoyed it.
~ Mark Twain


Mum...thank you for not bursting a blood vessel when...

~ I tried to swim in electrified fountains

~ I dropped earthworms/ centipedes/ lizards into your lap so that you could admire their subtle charms and facial contortions.

~ I fell from trees/ toppled into ditches/ rolled down slopes/ walked into transparent French-windows (and this was before the advent of St.Gobain)

~ I made you surrogate mum for every pup/ kitten/ bird that just happened to ‘follow’ me home.

~ I managed to turn every white item of clothing into something the cat-dragged-in.

~ I rushed headlong into lampposts and created vampire-happy pools of blood

~ I chewed your ear with my mind-numbingly boring ramblings on my crushes

~ I subjected you to my early cooking fiascos. You turning pea-green over Strawberry Cheesecake was not part of my grand plan.……


Happy Mother’s Day .......to a mum who is wicked-mad and a bigger nut than me! :)

No comments: