Saturday, December 12, 2009

P.S.I Love You

...am not big on mush…and chick-lit has lost the sparkle which used to attract me like a magpie. Needless to say, 'P.S.I love You' wasn’t my cuppa tea…atleast not when it first released. But suddenly, courtesy the bout of melancholy that strikes me every December, I found myself sitting through the whole movie...loving Holly & Gerry’s scruffy lil apartment (which frankly was a kitschy dreamy delight!)...laughing at Denise’s ballsiness...feeling that dull-ache in my heart over Holly’s mourning...being ever so slightly charmed by Daniel’s lopsided self-deprecation and goin' crash*bam*thud over William’s rugged awesomeness. And yep…I even cried a wee (wee) bit over the mother-daughter bonding at the end.

I would watch the movie again just to soak in all the lovely scenes. The colours were bright and cheery (despite the subject) …and at times quite awe-inspiring (read: Ireland countryside). Yep…good stuff there.










No comments: