Sunday, December 27, 2009

...from the mouths of babes

.....kids today are maturing faster, cussing sooner and developing a streak of cynicism so broad that it would put a seasoned politician to shame. I was at CrossWord today, in the kiddie-section. A trio of kids were checking out the games and here's the ensuing conversation.

Kid#1 : Why don't you go for this???

Kid#2: H-ush..

Kid# 1: Why don't you...

Kid#2: Wait!

Kid#1: Why don't y...

Kid#2: Why don't you shut up and die...

...and Kid#3 sniggered evilly and did the best sidekick act this side of a summer no-brainer.

..................ok, I am guilty of finding it a tad amusing. Here's this chocolate-faced preteen mouthing some seriously sharp sentiments and my lips are curled in amusement. Bad Namz...Bad BAD Namz! Makes me wonder what choice phrases I had come up with when I was ten...

2 comments:

Shweta said...

Oh ...Definitely not the ones kiddies these days use. :) God, I am scared of talking to them some times :)

Unknown said...

I second that!...they have the uncanny ability to shred you to bits with their scathing tongues and no-holds-barred honesty...