Saturday, March 8, 2008

I am a woman....I am invincible.....(and just a tad bit exhausted!!)




Along cameWoman’s Day, and I was itching to write an ode to the smarter sex!! Something simple yet sublime.....sentimental but not schmaltzy. And the only topic that kept popping into my head was this: “A Woman’s Laughter”.

There’s something innately charming about a woman laughing.....whether it’s a happy gurgle.....an impish grin.....a hastily muffled chuckle.....an inelegant
snort that was jus’ waiting to get out.....the incessant giggles or the Grand Poo-bah of them all.....the let ‘er Rip.....full-blown guffaw!!

And the reasons behind that laugh...........innumerous, ranging from the mundane to the ridiculous to the down-right memorable...


to name a few....
 a baby’s happy gurgle in response to the funny-faces being pulled for her entertainment.
 the plump l’il girl who chuckles with delight, when that equally plump puppy licks her button nose.
 the instant attack of the giggles that inflicts a bunch of teeny-boppers…when that oh-so-cute guy deigns to send a smile their way.
 the first time a woman meets her Prince Charming (and she knows it) AND (and he doesn’t disintegrate into Kermit’s distant cousin!!)
 enjoying an after-work soirée.....unwinding.....swapping juicy gossip.....remembering the moments of small victories and big accomplishments......chuckling wickedly when a particularly anal-retentive colleague gets his come-uppance!!
 making new friends and patching up ol’ differences.
 reunions……a time to remember, miss dem ol’days and laugh at our younger, uncomplicated selves…

……and this is jus’ the tip of the curvaceous iceberg.....there are so many more......

All I can hope for is that all the lovely ladies in my life……those I have met…and those I have still to meet.....always ALWAYS keep flashing their pearly whites.

May they always find reasons to celebrate.....always have a trusted confidante to share their woes.....always have that special someone who brings that secret smile to their lips and most importantly......always find excuses to just act plain silly and laugh uninhibitedly!!!

Here’s to our own personal Utopia!!
HAPPY WOMAN'S DAY, ladies!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic! You're good Namz! I'm chuckling! Add another one----Reading a witty piece written by a smart friend!

Unknown said...

Thx H.B.!! Always appreciate ur comments!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Went from one emotion to another with that one.

May we grow from stength to strength :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh..that was really beautiul :)
I could hear myself sigh several times over, while reading that!!
You're brilliant!!

Nams said...

Wow! You impressive lil piece of work!! & not just the words but the apparent ease with which you've articulated sentiments... you make me proud, namesake! :)