Wednesday, December 5, 2007

J.K.ROWLING - Entertainer of The Year


J.K.Rowling has been declared the Entertainer of the Year by Entertainment Weekly.....and rightly so.
I belong to the formidable legion of J.K.Rowling-fans. I don’t need to launch into an endless litany on her immense talent or her astounding success-story. Reams of newsprint, gazillion sites and a million blogs have already been dedicated to jus’ the thing.
She has been praised and maligned in equal measure. You can love her.....or hate her…but you sure as hell can’t ignore her!!
The original skeptic, I scoffed good-naturedly when a colleague recommended “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone”. It was a ‘children’s book’ for crying out loud……and there I was, a (debatable) adult.
But I overcame my pig-headedness and gave it a shot. Needless to say, I was hooked, booked and ready to be charted off to the world of magic and fantasy!!!
It was a good solid read and had it all…… the proverbial under-dog…..fantastic characters and astounding creatures…. ……a hidden magical world….and an immensely strong story line. The most bewitching form of escapism!
I fully intend giving my two-bit opinion on each of the Potter books….but not right now. I just felt that I had to start off my trip down Potter-lane by writing a bit ‘bout one of my front-running authors.

No comments: