Monday, December 17, 2007

The Cookie-Monster has NOTHING on me!!!

Yep..it’s that time of the year again. A time for overindulgence and no-holds barred gluttony.....when all thoughts of calories.....trim tummies and non-existent love handles are put on the shelf.....(to be revisted at resolution-making time ofcourse!!)

And what screams out Christmas more than home-baked Holiday Cookies!! From the easy-peasy Sugar Cookies to the tangy Lemon Bars to the deliciously decadent Coconut Macaroons……there’s something to entice everyone.

It is extremely gratifying to whip up a tray of perfectly done.....golden-brown cookies. Thoughts of home, hearth and all things cozy and comforting immediately leap to the fore-front. Your first inroad into a crisp yet crumbly Gingersnap and everything seems right with the world. Something akin to the whole “butterbeer” phenomenon!!

And yes……I am going to be nauseatingly perky, bursting with holiday cheer and goodwill….atleast till the new-year. So please bear with me…it’s a temporary phase and I can sincerely swear that it happens only once a year. As 2008 rolls in…..I’ll be back to my charming impression of the “bear-with-a-sore-head”!!!

Getting back to the cookie-craze……please feast your collective orbs on these delectable concoctions and undesrtand the method behind the madness...









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cookie Monster!
I strolled down Hill Rod not once but twice today! And guess where I stopped by? Clue: Its one of our favorite places to buy cookies from! Digged in to this awesome foccacia bread, celery rolls, pizza tart and the most heavenly Lemon Pie which you hafta, hafta try! You'll wanna bake it at once!
Hoping to see you soon!